From: Brian at Monkey Puzzle [mailto:brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 01 September 2006 11:04
To: Developers
Subject: Mac version

Hi,

I'm using MacOS X 10.4.7 and XCode 2.4. The instructions on

need updating (I think) as the fifth point includes the instruction

Ensure that the Target Build settings all have Architecture set appropriately for your machine (typically either "i386" or "ppc")

which is very hard to find.

This may or may not be related to the next problem which is that the Build fails, generating 78 errors on the advsplash.cpp file.

The solution,

If you get unresolved symbols in the link stage then it's likely that new files have been added to the SVN repository since the XCode project was last updated there. In that case, use the Add Existing Files option to add the required files to the project. Only add those files that contain the missing symbols and make sure that only cpp files are members of the XaraLX_Debug and XaraLX_Release Targets. Then Build again.

eludes me as there does not appear to be an Add Existing Files option in this version of XCode.

Regards,

Brian