Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Transparency tool

Luke,

--On 06 April 2006 09:23 +0100 Luke Hart <lukeh@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

What sort of odd content and where is is displayed?

Thanks,
   Luke

Cancel that, I see what you mean!

I /think/ you made a change in the wxOil makefile that escaped strings like
"<", ">", and "&" as in HTML. I can't remember whether this was just when
building the po file, or when building strings.lst. Such strings should
/not/ be escaped in strings.lst, but /should/ be escaped in XRC (I think).
Quite possibly it's either me that got it wrong building the resources,
or someone fiddling with the strings themselves altered something.

The situation is much complicated by people embedding bits of HTML (for
export) in the strings themselves, so for instance you see &gt in
strings.lst, which is right if you want some text which will turn into the
HTML for an angle bracket (rather than into a "<" itself) or &ampgt; in the
XRC which is actually right for the XRC file.

And further, as strings.lst is built from a XRC files, the perl is
meant to be dequoting the above.

Much opportunity for failure.

Alex