Re: Please test static .deb package Was: [XaraXtreme-dev] 0.4 Release

Colin Marquardt wrote:

I installed the package on my Ubuntu pre-Dapper system (updated
yesterday). After starting the binary, it took some time to bring up
the splash screen (which, BTW, you can't seem to click away, just
like OpenOffice.org - annoying!), and then something started to
consume a lot of CPU. Looking with top, I saw that it was Xgl. Xara
LX didn't come up in the minute I waited, so I killed it. I realize
that running Xgl is something unusual still, so I'm not complaining.

I'll be away until Monday, so I can't help with more info until
then, sorry.

Cheers,
 Colin
Colin,

I can reproduce exactly the problem you're reporting whilst using Xgl. For anyone who's interested what's causing it, it seem to be the conversion from wxBitmap to wxImage. Which we seem to be doing an awful lot, would it be possible to do it on demand like we do the actual loading of bitmaps?

   Luke