Re: Please test static .deb package Was: [XaraXtreme-dev] 0.4 Release

Hi again,

Am Donnerstag, den 06.04.2006, 13:04 +0200 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> I just created a binary-only debian package, that includes, besides the
> menu entries and the examples, only the binary from the xaraxtreme.org
> download tar.bz2 it is distributed, i.e., wxwidgets are statically
> linked. (I could not build such a file myself, as the wxwidgets debian
> packages don't provide statical libs).
>
> The package is available for download on:
> http://people.debian.org/~nomeata/xaralx/xaralx_0.4r779-0.static.1_i386.deb

I have now successful reports on these platforms:
 * debian sid
 * debian etch
 * ubuntu breezy (5.10)
 * ubuntu pre-Dapper
I'd like to hear whether it works on debian stable (sarge), but besides
that, I think the package is fine.

So Neil, do you want the have such a .deb along the .tar.gz in the
magazine? I think it would be a nice thing for Debian and Ubuntu users,
especially for those who have not much experience with the console -
these just need to install the .deb and find XaraLX in their Debian
menu.

I plan to provide a .deb for the released 0.4 shortly after I read the
announcement here.

Greetings,
Joachim Breitner
--