RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] Doesn't start on Suse

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 14.04.2006, 17:09 +0100 schrieb Charles Moir:
> Even if we were to GPL the whole lot tomorrow it would take time to
> become integrated part of the main distributions I would think.

Probably, but won't it take approximately the same time till XaraLX is
really more than a developer preview? Development is fast, that's
undeniable, but how long do you estimate until it is usable
productively?

Also, for already release versions of popular distribution, once there
is a source deb resp. rpm spec, it is not much work to build proper
package. It might look like a hassle and unelegant to provide half a
dozend packages on the download page, but for the users it's the most
convenient, because, as Carl described, a lot of the mentioned problems
are avoidable.

Of course, these packages have to created by someone running the
platform, but a platform with no single volunteer to build a package
probably does not have a relevant number of users after all.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner