RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] OSRenderRegion::DrawTransformedBitmap

Phil,

--On 27 April 2006 10:57 +0100 Phil Martin <Phil@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

In Xtreme we experimented with using GRenderRegions in the bitmap
gallery to improve the quality of the thumbnails. (The quality of the
thumbnails in the bitmap gallery using OSRenderRegion is truly appalling
- sticks out like a sore thumb to me...) This change was removed before
release of Xtreme because it was slower than the OSRenderRegion
equivalent but maybe that's not true under wxWidgets.

What is completely bizarre about this is (at least as far as I can see)
the code path to get the bitmap in the bitmap gallery on screen is
exactly the same as the code path to draw it on screen in the document.

It calls OSRenderRegion::DrawTransformmedBitmap, which (as we aren't
printing) drops down to the base RenderRegion class, which sets up
a rectangle and draws that with a bitmap fill. Eventually this works
it way up to OSRenderRegion::RenderBitmapFill, which in turn calls
GRenderRegion::PlotBitmap. I am a bit confused as to why it thus
looks different!

Alex