Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Xara Xtreme 4.0 released

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 6:38 PM, Charles Moir <CharlesM@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sure I saw that list. My list could be ten times longer than that, not
>  surprisingly, because I know Xara as well as you know Inkscape. I could
>  probably list ten things about the Freehand tool alone that betters
>  Inkscape, and many, many dozens more for the other features and tools.

Excellent! So why not spend some time filling all this in? You
obviously care about how Xara is perceived, and this would help
improve its image. If you think Xara is better, prove it!  List the
facts!  No detail is too small to include - teeny tiny things matter a
LOT when you work.  For many people (myself included), nitty-gritty
details are a lot more persuasive than press releases.

>  Does 'blend tool' count as one item.

Of course it does, and if you really read the list, you will see that
it's listed _second_ under Xara's advantages, just under the rendering
speed :)

>  You see the point.  We could both waste a great deal of time creating
>  more and more detailed lists. I simply do not see the point and do not
>  have the inclination to play that game.

I still utterly fail to understand your dismissiveness. Don't you
agree that it's a perfectly valid comparison? Not apples to oranges?
And don't you think that many people will find it interesting and
useful? Even the developers on both sides? You know that we closely
watch the progress of Xara, and I'm pretty sure you watch the progress
of Inkscape. So why not make a neutral common ground where we could
match up our feature lists down to tiniest details? This would be a
win-win for both projects. Neither program is perfect, and each one
has something to learn from the other.

--
bulia byak
Inkscape. Draw Freely.