[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Thread Index]
Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Keypress handling
- From: Phil Martin <phil@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 10:58:31 +0100
- Subject: Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Keypress handling
Luke Hart wrote:
It seems that having the key press handler in a window has 2 problems:
* If the window isn't present no key press handling is done
(obviously). This happens when handling is in the Render Window and no
documents are open. The problems we saw when I put the key handling in
the view class are just a special case of this.
Can you actually get away with having just one keypress handler?
wxWidgets should be offering the keypress event to windows in some
logical order, one of which should be the application frame window,
shouldn't it? In which case you'd need handlers in various windows...???
There are 2 possible ways that this could be addressed:
1) Move back to handling the keys at the application level. This is
how they were working before the changes to satisfy the focus handling
rules and had been proved to work.
Would the visual feedback of focus ownership work properly then?