Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Keypress handling

--On 09 May 2006 12:58 +0100 Luke Hart <lukeh@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

FilterEvent is not optimal, it gets called before events are delivered to
each window up the chain. This means it may be called 3 times with the
same message. What makes this even worse is the fact that it doesn't tell
you which window it's going to deliver it to!

I don't think it can, as I'm not sure it knows then.

Did you ever get an answer about what the event timestamp was? If this is
fine grained enough, it may be quite useful to throw-away duplicate
events.

Hmmm... seeing duplicate events is a serious problem. Timestamp is
guaranteed to be milliseconds.

Having fully implemented the key press handling hanging of
FilterEvent, it seems that removing duplicates isn't vital since we mark
the events as handled when we actually use them. The only reason I'm
interested in dealing with duplicates, is we do some quite expensive
operations (IsKindOf and window accestor traversal) to work out whether
we can have the keypress.

Yes indeed, that's the way it's meant to work I think.

Alex