Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Executing Default Web Browser?

Luke,

I think that is probably the case. FC has a similar utility (htmlview) that hooks into the gnome prefered application system. It is optionally available on Gentoo and possible other distros. I think that it would be possible to link into this information ourselves, which would solve the problem on most modern distributions.

So what are you suggesting, try "gnome-www-browser" and "htmlview"
(in some order) and if neither are there fall back to
wxLaunchDefaultWebBrowser?

That would avoid the need for session manager detection.

Alex