Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] XCode project

On 29 May 2006, at 23:31, Alex Bligh wrote:

Phil Martin wrote:
* build-resources.pl does not find the svn command and a bodged version number is supplied.

I can easily provide a flag to skip building the internationalization
resources. From your patch it looks like the main problem is xgettext.
A single flag should skip this, and wxrc (which is only used for
internationalization). This would no doubt suit the gentoo folks
too as wxwidgets-2.6.3.2 on portage has a missing wxrc.

It should not call svn if you don't pass it --version / -n.

I'll have to check that again.

Would that help things?

Yes please, I think that would be useful. (Note that I coded my "skip" test that way simply because when I passed an empty string as the xgettext parameter the script aborted complaining that an empty parameter had been passed. My perl knowledge is precisely zero so I coded around it instead of fixing it.)

Remember that it's also useful to be able to specify the paths to the commands svn, xgettext, etc... because they aren't always on the Path (or at least they're not on the Path in the context of the execution of the script...)

Phil