Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Mac Developer

On 28/06/06, Ben Fowler <ben.the.mole@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 28/06/06, Neil Howe <NeilH@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [ snip ]

1. XCode project - I think that this has not been touched since the
first week in June. The last major ''bridge to cross" was linking with
libxml. All this is documented on the Dev list.

2. Mac Xara LX - Using the methods on the build page, this will
compile link and run.

And add that the wxrc question is unresolved. This will, I'm afraid,
cause problems for a first timer. I'm not sure what the best (or even
the latest) policy is, but the choices would seem to be a variant on
either:

a) Use the command line methods first and install wxWidgets
b) Use the steps involving omitting international support

I am not sure which is better of those two to work on, but it would
definitlely be helpful to have someone try (b) and report back whether
that approach is at all viable. I suspect that an official build might
involve (a) but I can see pros and cons rather than this being an
open-and-shut case. Certainly as un-official builder (a) is a good way
to go.

Ben.