Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] 0.7 debian packages - please test

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 12.08.2006, 15:05 +0100 schrieb Alex Bligh:
> Joachim,
>
> > I do some weird stuff there :-)
> > If no automake would be installed, the package would build fine, befause
> > of the missingfiles.sh or what's that called, emulating the autotools.
> > But that does not help, because the machine building the .deb might have
> > autotools installed. That is why I set all autotools to /bin/true by
> > environment variables in debian/rules. Therefore, the check would fail,
> > so I removed that. But I still need the dependency because some parts of
> > the build process need files from /usr/share/automake. The
> > 15_use_automake1.9.dpatch has indeed been removed in a later version.
>
> Wow. I'm not sure I fully understand all that, but I think this now
> comes in the category of "Joachim obviously knows what he's doing" :-)
> No objections at all, given it seems to work :-)

I can only agree to the last part: It works. Besides that, this is
probably a bunch of horrible hacks to someone that knows his way around
in autotools. Cause I don't...

But as long as it works, who cares :-)

I'll try to build it without libtool, and then upload it to the archive.

Greetings,
Joachim
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner