Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Mac Developer

--On 17 August 2006 16:37 +0300 Cristian Bortes <cristian.bortes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I also investigated the asserts that failed during loading of
BLUECAR.XAR. We could load it only in debug mode by stepping over the
assert that failed in bitmap.cpp form wxWidgets. The problem appears from
wxWidgets when is being built using __WXDEBUG__. The XaraLX application
can run with that assert failing so I'm thinking that a solution could
be to build the wxWidgets without __WXDEBUG__ in order to suppress these
asserts. I will keep you informed if this solution works.

I think we should find out what the asserts are, rather than trying to
shuffle them under the carpet by not building in debug mode. Asserts
only appear in debug mode anyway, so all you are doing is disabling
reporting of the error condition, rather than addressing the underlying
problem.

Alex