Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Patches for Xara: Browser patch, --help patch, "?" -> "(c)" patch, some de_DE translation work

Tobias,

I have checked all you work in except the command line help patch.
Here that gave an assert with "./XaraLX --help". I have not had
the time to look at why, but it looked like the command line options
were not right.
So far programming something with a tool kit one does not know and
without compiling. :-/
I really wonder how they managed to get working programs at the good old
times of punch cards ...

+        if (parser.Found(_T("h"), &ResourceDir))
In any case, the "&ResourceDir" is wrong. Maybe the following works:
+        if (parser.Found(_T("h")))
which is again completely untested.

OK I'll fix this up later this PM.

However, that version contains msgid "&Close" and msgstr "&Close".
The binary I use is xaralx0.5_rev1199.tar.bz2.

This sounds like the ampersand problem. Quoting in translation files
is completely broken at the moment. I have nearly got a fix done
and will try and get it finished later. In essence, don't expect
anything with quotes, ampersands, "<", ">" to compile or translate.

Equally there is an issue putting non-7 bit ASCII characters into
.xrc files at the moment - in essence they are meant to be XRC
escaped. So things aren't building right just now. I have a fix
for this too. In the mean time, please bear this in mind when
building patches (e.g. the insertion of copyright symbols
causes problems, you want instead to escape them like in HTML
or XRC).

Alex