RE: Re[2]: [XaraXtreme-dev] Xara Xtreme 4.0 released

> There was the question from xara people on the list whether
> we thought a commercial version was a good idea, but this was
> never followed from a statement (or even a hint) from xara
> regading the direction they would take.

I was pretty sure that I had replied to the questions of a commercial version. The answer is that it's interesting option and is not ruled out. In fact even Magix have said they were interested in the possibility.

The trouble comes when you look at the cost, which we estimate would be at least €250,000.

I can't see how we could get that investment back.  And it's not just that we need a return on that investment, but that doing this project means we're not doing something that might be a lot more lucrative still.

Charles