Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Xara Xtreme 4.0 released

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 4:18 AM, Alex Bligh <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  --On 3 April 2008 21:05:10 -0300 bulia byak <buliabyak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > >  an  Inkscape things-to-copy list.
> > >

> > I think this is a very telling comment.
> >

>  I don't think there has ever been any doubt that Xtreme 4.0 is a
>  commercial (and not an open-source) product!

So what?

I wasn't asking to open its source. I was just inviting everyone, Xara
devs or not, to contribute to a comparative feature list. Totally
regardless of license or platform, Inkscape and Xara are very similar
applications, so the comparison makes perfect sense. And Charles seems
to imply that even that would be somehow giving up control of some
valuable "intellectual property" and that only Inkscape, and for some
reason not Xara, would unfairly benefit from that (even though it's
common knowledge that Inkscape has many features, big and small, that
Xara lacks but that Xara users would love to have - go read the
talkgraphics threads linked from that page).

So, I do find the kind of mentality that Charles demonstrated here
very, very telling.

--
bulia byak
Inkscape. Draw Freely.