From: owner-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Rob Kendrick
Sent: 04 April 2008 16:40
To: dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] Xara Xtreme 4.0 released

On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 16:20 +0100, Charles Moir wrote:
> > I think most of the community's disgust for Xara was caused
> > by Xara being frankly dishonest about the possibility of
> > fully open-sourcing it (ie, GDraw) - it turned out that was
> > never the intention.
>
> Do you honestly expect us to answer such emails.
>
> Be honest. You Rob Kendrick are saying that I am a liar. So please
don't
> hide under the cover of 'the community'. You do not, I'm quite sure,
> represent 'the community'. God help it, if you do.

I don't keep an archive of this list, and I can't find an official one,
so this is from memory.  Some time ago when it became clear if you were
not going to open GDraw, I asked if you ever intended to do so: your
reply was read by me and many others as a "No".  Given the line given to
us before then was along the lines of "we'll see, depending on community
participation", I can't see how that's anything other than dishonesty.

B.