[XaraXtreme-dev] Versions in Debian (and Ubuntu)

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 06.04.2008, 07:00 -0700 schrieb frank gaude':
> > As the debian maintainer of xaralx I have to say that there is an amd64
> > version in Debian (http://packages.debian.org/sid/xaralx), maybe you can
> > install that one.
> >
> > And just checking: There is also one in hardy
> > (http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/xaralx). Are you sure you have the
> > non-free repositories enabled?
> >
> Well, what you say it true, 64-bit, but the package is very old, not the
> 1785 version of XaraLX, the 1692 one.

Well, then that’s me to blame. I somewhat lost interest in xaralx when
the CDraw release became unlikely, and did not follow further
development. There also were no reqeusts by users asking for new
releases, so I did not do that either. Note that the website still lists
1692 as the recommended version.

What are the relevant changes since 1692? Are they a notable improvement
over the old version?

BTW, to those thinking about a Cairo port: I’d very much welcome that
and once it is at least somewhat usable I’ll upload it to Debian (and
thus Ubuntu) to give it the attention and user testing it deserves. (I
hope that this increases the motivation a bit).

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner