Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Current/default font

In message <44C8D3B0.6030503@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          Alex Bligh <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Martin Wuerthner wrote:
>> Besides, I bet, the .xar file specification does not say that text
>> objects may not inherit the default font attribute, so even today,
>> someone could create a perfectly valid .xar file that would then not
>> display correctly if we decided to change the default font.
>
> <blinding flash of light>
>
> We seem to be missing something here. We are only saying the default
> font attribute should be changed if
> a) the font specified is not installed
> b) the font specified is not used within the document.

Ok, in that case, as you correctly observed, it cannot cause any
problems. My reasoning applied to *always* changing the default font
if Times New Roman is not installed.

But if we do not always do it, why do it at all? Just to avoid a
single font attribute that contains the name of a font that is not
installed? We will have lots of them in the tree anyway simply by
do "hard" font substition, just "soft" font substitution, i.e., the
text remains in the unknown font but when it is displayed the default
font is used instead.

Martin