Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Patches for Xara: Browser patch, --help patch, "?" -> "(c)" patch, some de_DE translation work

Hi Alex,

Alex Bligh schrieb:
> Possibly. The input encoding for the .po file is ISO-8859-1 - that may
> be different from the output encoding.
Hmm. But  see:
XaraLX/po> grep -i charset XaraLX.po

If I write a character in UTF-8 encoding, do msgfmt and use copy the .mo
file to the locale directory,
it shows up nicely. I have a "de_DE.UTF-8" locale though.

> What happens if you translate them when they use © (or whatever)
Well, since there is nothing which translates this back, one gets (in
the menu line at least)
where the hash is underlined and the ; is regarded as separator.

> I couldn't get UTF-8 input encoding to work  (see line to xgettext).
Sorry, I don't find your reference to xgettext. Neither in the emails
not in the source, but probably I just missed the right email.

But maybe only for the extraction it makes problems and not  for using
it in a po/mo file?

Tobias