Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Versions in Debian (and Ubuntu)

Hi,

Am Montag, den 07.04.2008, 15:43 +0100 schrieb Alex Bligh:
> > If you want to help out a little bit, you might go over the list at
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=xaralx;dist=unstable
> > and see what bugs are still reproducible with the new version. I’m
> > especially interested if the powerpc package, once built, is usable.
>
> I have no ppc machine to test it on, but my guess is the answer is
> no. As it is completely untested on ppc, I suspect there are quite
> a few endianness bugs there, potentially at rendering time, which
> is messy. Therefore unless someone confirms it does work on ppc,
> my suggestion would be not to inflict it on the ppc community!

If that turns out to be true I guess I should remove powerpc from the
list of supported architectures. This would also free the way for xaralx
to the next stable Debian release (lenny, “expected” somewhen this
year). Is this version fit even for a stable release that’s not changed
for a year or two? Or is it not reliable enough for those users that
prefer old versions over regular updates? :-)

Greetings,
Joachim
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner