Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Versions in Debian (and Ubuntu)

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 19:59 +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:

> Probably a good idea, although at the moment I’m not feeling like
> compiling xaralx yet again :-)

If you did, you would be running Gentoo not Debian :)

Been following all this, but leaving Xara support on Gentoo up to users,
and the Sunrise overlay. Won't hit main tree. I considered it, and
followed the list. But I have no interest in adding packages to tree
that I have no upstream to work with on. Much less with closed aspects,
and anything closed source or binary, is disliked within Gentoo
community.

Kinda sad because from my limited use of Xara, I did like it better than
Inkscape. It was the first Vector app on Linux I could be productive
with. But with the lack of a future on Linux, I will just stick with
Flash, Illustrator, etc on Windows running under qemu :(

It's solely because of Vectors, that windows is still in my life :( I
see no change there. 6 years after I gave up on Flash, there is now a
stand alone Flash Player for Linux. So maybe in 6 years we will have a
Vector app on Linux.

Till then, I guess it's Inkscape for me, when I can use it to do what I
need :(

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
amd64/Java/Trustees